Adam is an experienced litigation lawyer with a broad advocacy background both in, and out, of the courtroom. In the nearly two decades that he has been practicing law, Adam has conducted trials, administrative tribunal hearings, and arbitrations and has argued many motions and applications and several appeals. However, the vast majority of disputes and lawsuits are resolved outside of the courtroom and, recognizing this, Adam works hard to bring a practical approach to problems, focus on strategy, and, where possible and appropriate, negotiate positive outcomes for clients.
Adam’s practice consists primarily of construction litigation, real estate litigation, and title insurance defence.
Construction law issues and disputes for which Adam provides advice and representation include:
- construction deficiency claims;
- construction liens and matters related to the Ontario Construction Act; and
- ·various contract disputes (i.e. delay claims, default and terminations, warranty claims, and change/extras claims).
Apart from Adam’s construction litigation work, Adam also carries on a busy practice:
- advising title insurers on coverage issues, defending both first party (coverage) and third party claims, and helping to resolve problems with title;
- assisting clients with real property disputes; and
- pursuing and defending various debt and contractual claims.
Prior to joining SorbaraLaw, Adam practiced law at a small law firm focused on land development (2011-2018), the Kitchener-Waterloo office of an international law firm (2008-2011), and large regional law firm in Vancouver (2002-2008). He is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Law Society of British Columbia, and the Canadian Bar Association.