Sorbara, Schumacher, McCann LLP (“SorbaraLaw”) is looking for a corporate/commercial lawyer for our newly opened office in Markham, Ontario. With existing offices in Waterloo, Guelph and Fergus, the Markham office will expand our reach and assist us to better serve our clients in Markham, Toronto and the surrounding area.
At SorbaraLaw, our greatest strength lies in our experienced staff of lawyers, clerks and assistants. We foster a team approach, making the most of the abilities and expertise of each individual member of our team. The lawyers and clerks working out of our Markham office will benefit from this collegial approach to the practice of law and the 39 years of experience SorbaraLaw brings to the legal marketplace.
The successful candidates will:
- Possess 3+ years’ experience with a reputable Ontario law firm;
- Be a member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
- Speak Mandarin fluently (beneficial but not essential);
- Have a strong business acumen and interpersonal skills;
- Have the ability to manage a team and take on leadership roles;
- Have some meaningful experience in corporate and commercial law or immigration law; and
- Be able to work with clients directly and with minimal direction.
Serious consideration will be given to candidates with experience in or a willingness to practice in the area of immigration law.
Our competitive compensation packages, accommodating and welcoming atmosphere, innovative vision and opportunities for growth make SorbaraLaw a great place to work.
Applications will be held in confidence.
To apply in confidence, please forward your resume to email@example.com