We regularly act on behalf of municipal governments, developers, property owners, school boards, hospitals, conservation authorities, and other public bodies to provide assistance in relation to:
- Development agreements, including subdivision agreements, cost-sharing agreements, and front-ending agreements;
- Land acquisitions and dispositions;
- Development approvals and land use controls;
- Environmental concerns;
- Public infrastructure projects and expropriations;
- Administrative proceedings before the Ontario Municipal Board and the Assessment Review Board;
- Public procurement and purchasing;
- Provision of municipal utility services;
- Governance, finance, and conflict of interest issues;
- Municipal By-laws; and
- Freedom of information requests and compliance matters.
Our lawyers are active members of the International Municipal Law Association, the Urban Land Institute, the Ontario Expropriation Association, and the International Right of Way Association.