Raman was admitted to the Law Society of Ontario (Upper Canada) in 2015.
Her practice focuses primarily in Family Law. She offers her clients a variety of skills, knowledge and expertise to assist them in moving forward following separation of marriage or relationships.
She represents clients dealing with litigation matters such as:
- Custody/ Access;
- Residency/ Parenting Time;
- Child Support/ Daycare cost;
- Life Insurance;
- Spousal Support;
- Health Insurance;
- Notary Public & Commissioner;
- Property division;
- Relocation – Mobility – Change in Address;
- Retroactive / Variation of Support Orders;
- Imputation of Income Orders;
- Filing for Divorce etc.
Raman is a strong advocate, with experience representing clients in Court in Ontario, including the Ontario Court of Justice, Superior Court of Justice and the Court of Appeal.
Some of Raman’s reported cases include:
Matour v. Hashemian, 2020 ONSC 2112
Skinner v. Skinner, 2019 ONSC 6949 [Raman successfully obtained legal costs on behalf of her client in the amount of $17,313.24]
- Bachelors of Law (LL.B) University of Leicester, United Kingdom - June 2013
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Corporate Communications Seneca College, Toronto
- April 2011
- Bachelor of Arts York University, Toronto - June 2010
- Panel Member - Legal Aid Ontario
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Member of the Canadian Bar Associations
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association
- Member of the Waterloo Region Law Association
- OJEN Committee Member of Braiding Diversity into the Justice System
Board of Director at Carizon Family and Community Services